Salem is located in scenic Southern Indiana just 35 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky and less than 100 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana. Salem is a great place to live and make a living. We have high achieving public schools, and a wide variety of community activities. Salem also has a strong and diverse economic base. If you're a visitor to Salem, we hope you will take note of our many unique and historic destinations. As a city, Salem has retained much of its small town flavor, a flavor that is enhanced by the city’s tree-lined streets, stately old homes and a friendly atmosphere that has been nurtured and handed down through the generations.
The Utility office will be closed on Monday, February 15th, in observance of President’s Day. We will re-open the office on Tuesday, February 16th at 8:30am. If there is an emergency and you need to contact someone, please call the Salem Police Department at 812-883-1524
Please note the following:
- City of Salem garbage pick up for Monday, February 15, 2016 (Presidents' Day) will be on regular schedule.
- City of Salem recycling pick up for Monday, February 15, 2016 (Presidents' Day) will be picked up Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
Salem Parks and Recreation Department Announce the 2016 Baseball/Softball/ Tee Ball Sign Up Schedule
The Salem Parks and Recreation Department will be registering children on the following dates for Parks & Rec (P&R) Baseball, Softball, and Tee Ball 2016 in City Hall.
- February 4, 3:30-5:00pm
- February 8, 3:00-5:30pm
- February 9, 9:00-11:00am
- February 10, 2:00-4:00pm
- February 16, 5:00-6:30pm
- February 18, 2:30-4:30pm
- February 20, 9:00-11:00am
Price is $35.00 per player
Dates may change due to weather. You may call the P&R Office for more information at 812-883-2895.
Registration dates and times are held at Salem City Hall, 201 East Market Street, for ages 5-12 year old players. Those turning 5 years of age with in the 2016 calendar year may sign up.
Certain geographic boundary rules do apply. First year players must supply date of birth information.
NO SIGN-UPS AFTER DRAFTS, FEBRUARY 29 - MARCH 3, 2016.
Opening Day at the Ball Park, (weather permitting), will be April 19 at Community Park. A tribute will be conducted in memory of Jeff Williams.
Those wishing to coach must fill out an application and approved by the Park Board before assuming coaching responsibilities. Background checks are conducted through CPS and the Washington Sheriff’s Department. Coaching positions are not guaranteed.
Send a text with NN589 to number 36000 to sign up for one (or several) of the City of Salem lists!
- 2016 Baseball/Softball/Tee Ball Season
- Mayoral Appointments for City of Salem
- Salem City Officials Sworn In December 30th.
- Main Street, Heart of Salem Project Underway
- Super Hero Night at the Museum
- Bird Watching on the Walking Trail
- When Others Fly Out, Heroes Fly In
- Super Heroes, Movie night at home plate
- Salem Parks and Recreation Youth Football Sign ups Announced
- Grand Opening of the Community Fitness Park