Salem is located in scenic Southern Indiana just 35 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky and less than 100 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana. Salem is a great place to live and make a living. We have high achieving public schools, and a wide variety of community activities. Salem also has a strong and diverse economic base. If you're a visitor to Salem, we hope you will take note of our many unique and historic destinations. As a city, Salem has retained much of its small town flavor, a flavor that is enhanced by the city’s tree-lined streets, stately old homes and a friendly atmosphere that has been nurtured and handed down through the generations.
The Salem Myers Pool will be closed on Monday, July 4th, Independence Day, and will reopen on Tuesday, July 5th at 12:30pm. For questions you may call the Pool at 812-883-6263.
The City of Salem Utilities customers can elect to receive e-bill alerts via text messages and pay quickly with a simple text response. View & pay your bill online or try our new text option. For more information please contact the City of Salem Utlities office.
- The City of Salem garbage pick up for Monday, July 4, 2016 will be on regular schedule.
- The City of Salem recycling pick up for Monday, July 4, 2016 will be picked up on Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
The City of Salem Senior Center has published their latest Calendar of Events. Click on the link below to view the calendar.
The First Baptist Church (FBC) of Salem's Minister of Music is Cheryl Backherms. Her husband, Danny Ray Backherms, passed away in December 2015. The Music Committee of FBC had a white dogwood tree planted in his honor at the first shelter house (entering lake from SR 135 ) at Lake Salinda on Wednesday, March 23.
The Music Committee will arrange a dedication of the tree at a gathering at the shelter house soon.
- Arbor Day Foundation Names Salem Tree City USA
- New City of Salem Additions & Promotions
- Mayoral Appointments for City of Salem
- Salem City Officials Sworn In December 30th.
- Main Street, Heart of Salem Project Underway
- Super Hero Night at the Museum
- Bird Watching on the Walking Trail
- When Others Fly Out, Heroes Fly In
- Super Heroes, Movie night at home plate
- Salem Parks and Recreation Youth Football Sign ups Announced