Salem is located in scenic Southern Indiana just 35 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky and less than 100 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana. Salem is a great place to live and make a living. We have high achieving public schools, and a wide variety of community activities. Salem also has a strong and diverse economic base. If you're a visitor to Salem, we hope you will take note of our many unique and historic destinations. As a city, Salem has retained much of its small town flavor, a flavor that is enhanced by the city’s tree-lined streets, stately old homes and a friendly atmosphere that has been nurtured and handed down through the generations.
During Salem Youth Football Night, the boys warm up with the Salem Varsity boys and are introduced during half-time of the game.
The City of Salem Senior Center has published their latest Calendar of Events. Click on the link below to view the calendar.
Congratulations to the Upper Division Champions for P&R Youth Football, the Cowboys. Head Coach Jeff Medlock has given over 25 years to the Youth Football program.
Lower Division Football Champs celebrate a victory and Harley Walters is presented her medal and congratulated.
- Salem Park and Rec. Youth Football
- Active Living and Healthy Community Health Committee
- Prevent Child Abuse Council observes Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Bark for Life at Lake Salinda
- City receives funding from Office of Community and Rural Affairs Award Infrastructure Grant
- Funding for Community Crossing Initiative
- City of Salem Water Quality Data
- Kimball International Habig Foundation Donates $25,000 to Salem Indiana Emergency Flood Fund
- City creates Emergency Flood Fund for Donations
- Groundbreaking for Senior Living Facility