City of Salem Boat Permit:

A City of Salem boat permit is required to launch a boat at John Hay Lake or Lake Salinda. You may purchase your Boat Permit in person at the Clerk-Treasurer's office Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:00pm. Boat permits may also be purchased online (see link below), mail in the pdf form (see PDF document link below), or visit the City of Salem Police Dispatch Office. The Salem Police Dispatch office is located on the southeast corner of the Salem Public Square and is open 7:00am - 5:00pm 7 days a week.

Any questions pertaining to the boat permit should be directed to the Clerk-Treasurer’s office at Ph#812-883-4264. A valid Indiana fishing license is also required.

Please Note: The Clerk-Treasurer's Office only accepts cash or check (No Credit Cards) for boat launch permit payments.

John Hay Lake & Lake Salinda
Click here for an online permit

John Hay Lake & Lake Salinda
Boat Launch Permit Application (pdf)

John Hay Lake & Lake Salinda
Rules & Regulations (pdf)

State of Indiana:

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources provides a wide range of services pertaining to land & forestry management, fish & wildlife management outdoor recreaton and state museums and historic parks.

Hunting & Fishing Licenses Online

Reserve a Campsite at an Indiana State Park

Indiana DNR Website